Wednesday 23 January 2013

Change...

I think that everyone gets the need now and again to change something about themselves. And today I changed my hair!

The last time I dyed my hair was from black to ombre. I was a bit naughty and did it myself at home, but I was penniless and impatient!! That was well over a year ago, and my own hair has grown out a lot since then (its dark blonde naturally) and it takes to bleaching quite well.

It's always a bit of a gamble doing it at home and because it's so long its very fiddley. But all went well and I'm pretty happy with the out come.

This is how I did it - 


I used 00B Max Blonde by Schwazkopf Live XXL to bleach my hair. It took two bottles because I have a lot of hair and it's very long. I left it on for an hour, and wrapped it in cling film to keep the moisture in (if bleach dries it stops working).

This happened....


Then I used 87 Mystic Violet by the same brand, and mixed it with lots and lots of tresemme conditioner, so that it would come out a lot lighter. I would have used some of the little pots of pastel colours you can get but I know they're only semi permanent. As I use head and shoulders to wash my hair semi permanent dyes would last no time at all. So the permanent dye mixed with conditioner was the way for me to go.

And this happened....


The light wasn't so good it's a lot lighter than in the photo, and I'm hoping after a few washes it will be more pastelly. I'm sure you'll see the progression through my posts.

Amy xx






No comments:

Post a Comment